.

.

Monday, July 10, 2017

When the Grass Grows Too Long

Cats grow.  





"Someone's been sleeping in my burrow."





Hint:  not Blueberry







During the heat warning last week - I went outside to check on Pistachio and what should I see?  But a tail inside his burrow!  It's a little dark - but you can faintly see the striped tail in the middle, towards the back.



Busted.





"I'll be leaving now."




"I shall return - this tortoise has better digs than I."


This cat has been hanging out in Pistachio's enclosure for a couple of weeks now, off and on.  The first cat (as far as I know) to ever actually go inside the burrow.  I thought what attracted it was the long grass in there - but it returned even after I cut it.  So I think it's just a safe, cool place for it to be during the heat of the day.  





12 comments:

  1. OH MY Cats!! Was Pistachio out and about or in there? I expect it was the cool earth and shade that attracted the pretty kitty.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pistachio was in there too! That's what was so surprising!

      Delete
  2. Does pistachio hang out in there with the cat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - although I am not sure how he feels about it.

      Delete
  3. A sneaky cat! We think Pistachio may just have a housemate now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is not a kitty that will try to have kittens in there. Pistachio may not appreciate that at all.

      Delete
  4. Everybuddy can hide in that grass
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the kitty will move on when the temperatures go down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Children and animals have known for ages that the coolest place on a hot day is under the house. Lately, I'd be willing to crawl under there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about crawling in there myself but I won't fit. ;)

      Delete
  7. That was my first thought too was that it just wanted a cool spot to hang out. Smart!

    ReplyDelete

Due to some issues with spam - comment moderation is on so if you don't see your comment posted right away - fear not, I will post it as soon as I am able.